The Yamhill County Gospel Rescue Mission (The Mission) welcomes anyone with the same heart to come and be part of what the Lord is doing. We have multiple positions and shifts available to fit your schedule. Every little bit of support helps us fulfill our mission. To apply for volunteer work, simply fill out an our fillable online application, then send the completed form to our office (information on form).
The Mission prefers to place volunteers in an area of personal talent or just doing something that makes them happy!
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Click on the title to view details
Our staff can always use help during most shifts to overseeing the needs of guests staying at the mission. Volunteers can also help fill shifts when staff needs time off (after learning the duties and policies).
Some of the tasks are:
- Answering phones
- Data entry
- Interfacing with guests to help with needs
- Helping with basic cleanup around the house.
Other Ways to Help:
- Community Service (cleaning the facilities, mowing the lawn, odds and ends that need our attention)
- Coming in a group to help fold and stuff envelopes for events or monthly mailings
- Helping with yearly projects whether it’s construction or transportation
- Professional skills if needed at some point (electrical, plumbing, IT, bookkeeping, volunteer coordinator, baking cakes for guest birthdays, landscaping, etc.)
- Event planning or participating in all types of fund raising
- Teaching a Bible Study
- Online sales (social media and online auctions) of items donated for that purpose
Persons interested in getting involved with the development of the Mission such as fundraising, grant writing, and overall financial aspects of the Mission.
Spending time at the Mission helping guests navigate resources and appointments are a great way to let the guests know that others care. Many times there are guests that are in need of transportation to the doctor or another location. Other times a guest may need some extra help with the computer to apply for a job or look for housing. A few hours of help can make all the difference in someone’s life.
Your heart is the most important part of volunteering.
When there is joy and a cheerfulness, everyone’s spirit is lifted and the love of God will never fail!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Kitchen: Serving to-go boxes for Thanksgiving Day Meals and Meal Deliveries
November, 26, 2020
Serving from 11am-1pm
McMinnville Cooperative Ministries
544 NE 2nd St, McMinnville